Location: Beverly Hills, California
This project involves a major remodel and restoration of an existing church and parish campus originally designed in 1924 by Roland Coate Sr. The remodel of the Sanctuary is designed in support of the liturgy, improved acoustics and visibility of the primary architectural finishes. The Parish Campus remodel is designed to improve the functioning of the Sunday School and meeting spaces, offices, music department, public entry and mechanical systems. The strategic remodel and restoration retains the historically significant aspects of the existing structure, the original chapel and the main church, as well as the original Parish Hall. The enhancement of these spaces is implemented through a careful selection of materials, finishes and landscape which honor the original intent of the architecture.