Daniel Janotta, AIA
Dan joined Johnson Fain in 1988 and is a Principal and senior designer on many projects. With over 30 years of experience, Dan has directed studio teams in the design of complex and challenging commercial, institutional, residential, and hospitality projects in the United States and overseas. As a Principal, he is involved with the client during all phases of project development and has a “hands-on” work style incorporating the latest computer software to achieve superior design solutions.
Dan attended the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, where he earned his Bachelor and Master of Architecture degrees. During the early 1980’s, Dan worked at an internationally prominent firm in Houston, Texas, on a design team responsible for the US Embassy in Saudi Arabia, laboratory buildings in Texas and the Orange County Performing Arts Center in Costa Mesa, California. He is a registered architect in the State of California.
Dan is in charge of the integration of computer technology and its application throughout the design process at Johnson Fain. This includes BIM (REVIT), AutoCAD and computer visualization tools for animation and rendering using Photoshop, Sketchup and 3D Studio Max. Dan is also a painter and furniture designer; his work is featured in local Los Angeles galleries.
- Master of Architecture, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL, 1980
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL, 1978
- Solitaire Towers
- Constellation Place
- Great Wall Winery Hotel and Visitors Center
- American Indian Museum & Cultural Center
- Capital Area East End Complex
- Leopalace Resort
- Leopalace 21 Osaka
- Queenway Bay Parking Structure
- Solano County Government Center
- Solano County Public Health Clinic & Forensics Laboratory
- Solano County Health & Social Services Building
- The Marriott at Ballpark Village
- Nestle Headquarters
- LA Plaza Cultura Village
- Verde II